Customer Recipe: Plank Fish with Savory Steak Seasoning
Submitted By: Craig Wright
Recipe Name: Plank Fish with Savory Steak Seasoning
- 2 oz Chef Tim's Savory All Purpose Seasoning
- Cedar Plank (found at most grocery stores)
- 4 Filets of Fish
- Lemon slices
- Prepare a fillet by washing and drying with a paper towel
- Place fillet skin side down, after applying a light coating of EVOO to both sides
- Shake on Chef Tim's Savory All Purpose Seasoning and place several lemon slices on the fish
- Cook indirectly on a gas grill....Indirect cooking is heating the grill to a temp of 400deg. turning off one burner, placing the fish plank over the burner that is turned off
- Cook fish to an internal temp of 100-110 degrees (for Sushi lovers) and hotter temperatures if you don't like Sushi.
This meal is made even better when complimented with Grilled Portobello Mushroom marinated in Chef Tim's Sweet Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- Place portobella mushrooms in a heavy duty Ziplock bag and marinate in Chef Tim's Sweet Balsamic Vinaigrette for about 5min.
- Place the mushrooms on the grill with the fish over a lit burner and cook on direct heat. I like to cook the mushrooms a little slower and place them on my bun warmer rack in my grill. The bun rack uses convection heat and I don't have to monitor the mushrooms as much as I do when I cook them directly over the burner; if you do need to cook direct, simply turn the burner down a little.